Podcasts Provide Practical on-the-go Instruction
I listen to many podcasts, between ten to fifteen hours a week, that cover writing or publishing. I listen in the car, during lunch, on walks and as I work around home. I access all through iTunes and listen on my iPod.
I select podcasts to help me become a better writer and indie-published author. With so much content to listen to, I don’t want to waste my time.
Here is a list of my current podcasts. They are in approximate order of how long I’ve listened to them.
- The Creative Penn (Joanna Penn) addresses writing from the perspective of a successful indie author.
- Novel Marketing discusses novel marketing, much of which applies to nonfiction too.
- Writing Excuses is a team of accomplished writers who discuss the craft of writing.
- The Sell More Books Show with Bryan Cohen and H. Claire Taylor
- Christian Publishing Show helps Christian writers change the world.
- AskALLi Self-Publishing Advice Podcast from the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi ).
- Book Marketing Show from Dave Chesson of Kindlepreneur.
- The Author Life to transform from struggling writer to career author with J. Thorn
- Stark Reflections on Writing and Publishing by Mark Leslie Lefebvre
- Kobo Writing Life is a blog about writing and self publishing.
- Self-Publish Strong podcast with Andrea Pearson
- Best Page Forward critiques book descriptions.
- The Writer’s Ink addresses the the business of writing.
- Six Figure Authors is the podcast that helps you take your writing career to the next level.
Though I don’t listen to every episode of every podcast, I do listen to most of them. And I never skip a single one of my favorites.
This list is long and, no doubt, daunting. Don’t let it overwhelm you. Pick one to check out and go from there.
Learn more about writing and publishing in Peter’s book: Successful Author FAQs: Discover the Art of Writing, the Business of Publishing, and the Joy of Wielding Words. Get your copy today.
Peter Lyle DeHaan is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book Successful Author FAQs for insider tips and insights.