Do you want to stay current with other changes in writing conventions? I wish there was a site, a book, an app, or a publication that would answer these questions.
But if there’s a one-stop resource, I don’t know of it. Besides, there would likely be disagreement over it, anyway.
Here’s how I work to keep up with ever-changing writing trends:
- Participate in critique groups.
- Network with other writers.
- Go to writing conferences.
- Take advantage of every opportunity to have a professional editor look at my work.
- Learn from the recommendations of editors.
- Study the latest edition of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Look at the conventions followed in books recently produced by major publishers.