This weekend I’m heading off to the Breathe Writers Conference. It will be my third time in three years. There are many things I’m looking forward to, among them:
- I’m looking forward to my workshop presentation to help and encourage other writers.
- I’m looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.
- I’m looking forward to seeing friends from past conferences, writing groups, and even cyberspace.
- I’m looking forward to scheduling one-on-one meetings with those who can guide me as a writer.
- I’m looking forward to buying some books and having them autographed.
- I’m looking forward to attending the general sessions and many workshops.
- I’m looking forward to learning more about the art and craft of writing.
Mostly I’m looking forward to being in the company of other writers, to share and learn, to encourage and be encouraged, and to grow as a writer.
Perhaps I will see you there — and then we can do all these things together.
Peter Lyle DeHaan is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book Successful Author FAQs for insider tips and insights.