A few months ago, I blogged about the various random press releases that I receive each day. In that post, I committed the faux pas of labeling them all as spam — and was quickly chastised for making a sweeping overstatement that was not entirely correct. In this, I was reminded that spam is in the eye of the beholder. I also realized that just because I wasn’t interested in the press release, didn’t automatically make it spam — or so the argument went.
Regardless of the fallout, sharing the list was fun. So here is another one — all received within the last 48 hours, with the most arriving on Thursday. (Does that mean that Thursday is a good day to email press releases?) Although many fall into the broad categories of telecommunications and medical, of which my two publications are very small subsets, none of them are close to news that I would publish and several are head-scratching mysteries.
The recent headlines are:
- Bioethics Backgrounder on Torture Available
- IPTV World Series Awards winners announced, PCCW and AT&T clinch two each
- Members of President’s Council on Bioethics Raise Objections to President Obama’s Stem Cell Policy in Bioethics Forum
- Cypress Communications Receives Phoenix Award
- FDAnews Announces 6th Annual Medical Device Quality Congress
- Windermere Exclusive Properties and McMillin Realty Reach Agreement
- ISO standard for access panels aims to increase effectiveness of market, opinion and social research
- Emmi + KidsHealth = Prescription for Informed and Involved Patients
- Vhi Healthcare rolls out Sword Ciboodle for world-class customer service
- DataCore SANmelody Storage Virtualization Software Wins 2009 Network Computing Award for “Software Product of the Year”
- Leading NYC Web Development Firm Launches KeywordFriendly.com
- ISC West to Showcase Latest Security Technology
- Dialexia Communications Edges Out Competition When Selected By Billerica Public Schools To Power Backend of IP Telephony Services
- Economy got you down? Use the principles of positive psychology
- Virtual PBX and Gizmo5 Partner for New Business-Class VoIP service
- Rutgers University Team Consulting Group Survey for MUTUAL decision
- Enterprise application developers are integrating backup tools into their applications
- Enhanced Windows Power Tools Suite Released
- ProMarketing Inc. Celebrates 20th Anniversary
Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD, is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book The Successful Author for insider tips and insights.
Learn more about writing and publishing in Peter’s book: Successful Author FAQs: Discover the Art of Writing, the Business of Publishing, and the Joy of Wielding Words. Get your copy today.
Peter Lyle DeHaan is an author, blogger, and publisher with over 30 years of writing and publishing experience. Check out his book Successful Author FAQs for insider tips and insights.