By Peter Lyle DeHaan, PhD
“Print is a display technology,” notes columnist Andrew Brenneman. “Ink on paper will endure well into the digital age.” He then lists seven reasons why, stating that Print is:
1. Physical: it has a tangible presence, working well for active and passive seekers
2. Portable: it can be easily moved; it is mobile
3. Transferable: it can be given from one person to the next; no login is required
4. A Reflected medium: light bounces off the page; it is not emitted, giving the optimal and referred reading experience
5. Self-contained: it requires no playback device, power, or plug-in
6. High-resolution: about 10 times the resolution as high-def video!
7. Variable form factor: print has variable sizes, allowing for much more content to be easily scanned
Although, online marketing may be getting all the hype, glitz, and attention these days, print marketing is a tested, valued, proven medium that will endure.
Make sure print serves as the foundation of your marketing mix.
Peter Lyle DeHaan is an entrepreneur and businessman who has managed, owned, and started multiple businesses over his career. Common themes at every turn have included customer service, sales and marketing, and leadership and management.
He shares his lifetime of business experience and personal insights through his books to encourage, inspire, and occasionally entertain.